Whether it is the purchase or disposal of companies or shareholdings - our consulting activities extend to the entire range of transaction forms In the process, we accompany all phases of the transaction, from the letter of intent, the structuring and control of the transaction to due diligence and contract creation, to post-closing. Our clients include both international corporations and stock-exchange-listed joint stock corporations, as well as medium-sized companies, also in the form of large family-run companies.
We guarantee a holistic M&A consulting service by involving experienced specialists from the areas of company, capital market, tax and labour, as well as cartel and unfair competition law. An interdisciplinary team and on request international team individually compiled in line with your requirements works hand in hand and thus guarantees tailor-made solutions – including with cross-border transactions.
Focus areas of our range of consulting services are
- Creation and negotiation of prior agreements (e.g. letter of intent, non-disclosure and exclusivity agreements, term sheet, memorandum of understanding)
- Preparation, coordination and implementation of legal due diligence audits (seller and buyer side) and organisation of data rooms
- Structuring and management of transactions (asset deal, share deal) and establishment of acquisition vehicles
- Formulation and negotiation of the contracts and accompanying documents necessary for the transactions, creation and negotiation of shareholder agreements and participation agreements
- Accompaniment in the establishment of joint ventures
- Post-closing services including restructuring after acquisition/sale, corporate services, post-merger integration, notification and publication obligations
- Accompaniment in structured disposal processes (bidder proceedings)
- Consulting in the acquisition financing, negotiation of loan and security agreements
- Advising on issues of capital market law with stock-exchange-listed target companies
- M&A transactions in crisis situations and insolvency, restructuring
- Assertion of warranty and compensation claims arising from company and shareholding acquisitions
- Takeover law
- IPO (coordination with the Banking & Finance business segment)
- Merger control
- Advising of a leading German publishing company on the acquisition of shareholdings in newspaper publishers with a transaction volume of more than EUR 300 million.
- Advising of the management of a leading supplier for automated beverage supply in the disposal of the majority of the shares in two Swiss investment companies in the course of a leveraged buy-out.
- Consulting of one of the largest bakery subsidiary companies in Germany in the transfer of the majority of shares to a German private equity company.
- Advising of one of the largest communication service providers in North Germany for inbound and outbound services in the disposal of a stake to a leading equity investor for the upper middle-class.
- Advising of a stock exchange-listed holding company for manufacturing SMEs in the transfer of the operational business of a company specialised in ERP software for energy suppliers to a leading software supplier for energy suppliers.
- Consulting of a German Landesbank in the disposal of a qualified majority shareholding in a clinic network with four clinic facilities.
- Advising of a leading European condiment supplier in the acquisition of a company from the food industry.
- Advising of a holding for SME investments with the majority stake in a supplier for security technology and in a company in the area of electronic business processes.
- Advising of an international corporate group of the food industry in the sale of a portfolio company from the delicatessen sector.