Dr. David Kluth
Certified Lawyer for Insolvency Law
David Kluth is working as a lawyer at the Düsseldorf office of Schindhelm since August 2016.
Since January 2018 David Kluth has the status of an equity partner of our law firm.
Since August 2020 David Kluth is also Certified Lawyer for Insolvency Law.
David Kluth studied law at the Heinrich-Heine-University in Düsseldorf from 2001 until 2006. After passing the First State Examination in Law in 2006 he was a PhD student at the University of Düsseldorf under the chair of Prof. Dr. Dirk Looschelders. In 2009 he completed his doctorate in law (Dr. jur.) with a thesis in private international and procedural law. In 2010 he passed the Second State Examination in Law.
After receiving his license to practice as a lawyer in August 2010, David Kluth worked for law firms in Munich and in the Rhineland which are specialized in commercial law.
David Kluth works almost entirely in the area of insolvency administration and restructuring. In the past he already has accompanied many companies from different branches as insolvency administrator.
David Kluth successfully passed the specialized lawyer courses “insolvency law”, “intellectual property law” and “banking and capital market law”.
David Kluth is appointed as an insolvency administrator by the district courts of Düsseldorf, Cologne, Mönchengladbach, Aachen, Krefeld and Kleve.
David Kluth publishes regularly articles in leading law journals on topics of insolvency law.
- References as insolvency administrator in the following proceedings: GEORGIA Gesellschaft für Kanal- und Straßenbau mbH, VRS Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH, DEIN KINO GmbH, Manfred Hofmann GmbH
- Advisory and representation of a former shareholder in disputes within a family company of the clothing industry
- Representation of a Russian company regarding claims for damages related to a M&A transaction in the area of the energy industry
- Legal advisory of a Korean investor in the context of a corporate acquisition in the field of the automotive supplier industry
- Advisory and representation of a known German patent holder and inventor concerning the enforcement of patent law claims before numerous patent litigation courts in the area of the packaging industry