Dr. Johannes Thoma
Certified Lawyer Corporate and Commercial
Commercial Diploma in Banking
After his banking apprenticeship at Deutsche Bank Düsseldorf Johannes Thoma started his studies of law at the University of Constance and after that a post graduated education at the University of St. Andrews, Scotland. His doctor’s thesis deals with the applicability of European competition law on state acts. Johannes Thoma started his career as a lawyer at bigger law-firms in Munich and Hamburg.
After that he moved back to his hometown Düsseldorf and worked for a couple of years at SKW Schwarz Rechtsanwälte and its various predecessor-units at the Düsseldorf office (Schwarz Kelving Wicke; Avocado, Arcon) as associate and then as partner.
At the beginning of 2011 he joined the law Reiners Rogge as its fifth founding partner. In September 2015 he founded the new partnership Schmidt Rogge Thoma Rechtsanwälte Parnerschaft mbB together with Michael Schmidt and Clemens Rogge and further fife lawyers in order to join Schindhelm.
Johannes Thoma advises and represents companies, shareholders und managing directors/managers in all areas of corporate law. One of his key issues is his advisory in the framework of structure measures und crisis-related restructuring measures. He also focuses on commercial law and distribution law.
His advisory in German and European cartel law is predominantly connected with his activities in corporate law and distribution law. In 2011 Johannes Thoma was appointed as Certified Lawyer Corporate Law and Commercial Law (Fachanwalt für Handels- und Gesellschaftsrecht). His commercial diploma in banking enables him to evaluate his clients’ business from a business-man’s point of view.
- Advisory of an Automotive supplier in restructuring issues, especially the finding of and the sale of inefficient parts of the entity
- Regular legal advice of a German-Austrian real estate company especially focussed on structuring measures, acquisitions and selling processes
- Sale of a midsized system supplier to a bigger competitor
- Advisory vis-à-vis a franchisor in the area of furniture distribution
- Regular legal advice of a big producing and sales company in the area of raw materials with focus on corporate and antitrust issues
- Participation in an abuse proceeding against a national cable operator in front oft he Federal Cartel Office (Bundeskartellamt)
- Criminal defense of a CEO of a company well known in Germany as to delayed filing of insolvency
- Advisory of a consumers’ goods producer in a market regulation proceeding in front of the European Commission