Dr. Axel Berninger
Dipl.-Finw. (degree in financial management)
Lawyer and notary
Specialist tax lawyer
Axel Berninger has worked as a lawyer for Schindhelm in Hanover since 1996; since 2000, he has been a managing director and partner. He was a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers from 2000 to 2004. After being admitted to practise law in 1993, he initially worked from 1993 to 1995 at the Mannheim office of the law firm Schilling, Zutt & Anschütz. From 1986 to 1993, he was a research assistant at the chair of Prof. Dr. Blaurock at the University of Göttingen.
After his training in the higher-grade service of the Hessian tax administration with career examination and qualification in financial management (“Diplom-Finanzwirt”) in 1983, Axel Berninger studied law at the University of Göttingen from 1983 to 1988. 1989 First State Examination in Law, 1993 Second State Examination in Law. Doctorate in law as “Dr. jur.” in 1993.
Axel Berninger has been a specialist tax lawyer since 1997; notary since 2002.
Axel Berninger advises companies in Germany and abroad on corporate and tax law He has substantial experience in providing consulting services on national and cross-border M&A transactions and on the Law of Changes in Corporate Legal Structures. He also advises on issues of the Law of (corporate) succession and on legacy and estate planning.
In addition to his work as a lawyer, Axel Berninger also works as a notary, focusing on the areas of real estate and corporate law and on corporate and estate succession.
Axel Berninger gives talks and publishes articles on a regular basis, in particular on topics of corporate law. He is examiner for the professional notary public examination and the 2nd bar exam in law.
He is a member of the German Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (BVMW), the Pro Region Hannover e.V. and the German Association of Lawyers and Tax Advisers for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses (DASV).
- Consulting with regard to corporate law of a global market leader in recycling technology during an IPO
- Notarial support of the sale of a German financial service provider in the private client sector and subsidiary of a global conglomerate to a major European bank
- Consulting of the shareholders of a travel agent in the sale of a chain of travel agents to a leading tourism corporation
- Consulting of the shareholders of a market-leading company in the building materials and timber trade in the disposal of share capital to one of the largest European corporations in the sector of production and sale of building materials and building-related products as part of a capital increase
- Notarial certification of a real estate purchase contract between a leading international building services provider and a public sector organisation
- Notarial minute-taking of shareholders’ meetings, in particular also of stock exchange-listed joint stock corporations
- Advising the insolvency administrator of ICT Automotive Group located in Germany, Czech Republic and Spain in the sale process to a Korean purchaser