LL.M. (England, University of Northumbria at Newcastle upon Tyne)
As a founding partner of the law firm Schmidt Rogge Thoma PartG mbB Michael Schmidt has become a lawyer for Schindhelm in Düsseldorf in 2015. After being admitted to the Bar in 1993 and joining employee's activity at the law firm of Dr. Scheller, Hofmeister & Partner, Brunswick, he entered the law firm of Schneider: Schwegler in Düsseldorf in 1995. Becoming a full equity partner of Schneider : Schwegler in 2000 he established after his departure the business law firm of Reiners Rogge in 2010 together with other partners.
Michael Schmidt passed his law studies and legal clerkship in Cologne. In 2004 he completed a post-graduate Master study course at the University of Northumbria at Newcastle upon Tyne, England, with the Master of Laws.
Since many years the practice of Michael Schmidt has been advising medium-sized listed and unlisted companies, business-owners and shareholders in legal matters linked to the areas of Banking- and Finance-Law, Civil-, Commercial- and Corporate-Law and on contract law. As a long-standing experienced litigator he represents the interests of companies, business-owners, shareholders, managers and private individuals both in judicial disputes before ordinary courts and in out-of-court negotiations, as well as in arbitration courts.
Michael Schmidt is an assistant lecturer on German civil law at the University of Applied Sciences in Krefeld, co-writer of the specialist publication Wurm Wagner Zartmann, „Das Rechtsformularbuch“ published by the publishing house of Dr. Otto Schmidt and a member of the German Bar Association (DAV,) as well as the Bar Association of Düsseldorf (Dus-AV).
- Ongoing advising of a bank referring to banking and capital markets issues
- Conducting of IPOs on behalf of an issuing bank
- Advising of a leading provider of e-business, e-brokerage and e-banking solutions in Germany in preparing agreements, standard terms and conditions as well as other documents
- Legal representation of an investment fund based in Liechtenstein with respect to a wind farm project
- Ongoing representation of banks in civil and commercial disputes as well as arbitration proceedings
- Commissioning by renowned insurance companies in case of liability claims of their policy holdersLegal representation of renowned plant engineering companies in disputes either out-of-court or in-court and also within the framework of arbitration proceedings