Dr. Henning Kohlmeier
Dr. Henning Kohlmeier has been working for Schindhelm Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbh since 2018.
From 2011 to 2018 he worked as an attorney at Hogan Lovells International LLP in Hamburg with a focus on intellectual property law.
Henning Kohlmeier studied at the University of Osnabrueck and received a PhD for his thesis on contract and consumer protection law. He completed his legal clerkship at the Hamburg Higher Regional Court.
Dr. Henning Kohlmeier is focused on intellectual property law. He is specialized in trademarks and company names, designs and copyrights as well as unfair competition law.
His clients are both, domestic ventures and companies from abroad which are operating in various industry sectors such as automotive, e-commerce, consumer goods, healthcare and pharmaceuticals.
Henning Kohlmeier provides strategic advice for the development, acquisition and protection of intellectual property rights. The same applies to the commercialisation of such rights, for example through licensing. He represents his clients in court as well as in office proceedings, for example in cases of trademark infringements, product counterfeiting and misleading advertising. His experience includes the management and coordination of complex multinational litigation about trademark rights and product features.
- Counselling with regard to the successful registration of non-traditional trademarks (color marks, shape marks, sound marks, motion marks, etc.)
- Management of the worldwide trademark portfolio of a listed logistics company (> 500 registrations)
- Development of a comprehensive IP strategy for the launch of a multifunctional kitchen machine
- Successful representation of a Germany-wide operating furnishing house in preliminary injunction proceedings regarding inadmissible Adword advertising
- Counselling of a certification agency during the launch of a new certification