Dr. Benedikt Olberding
Benedikt Olberding is an Associate at Schindhelm in Osnabrück since May 2016.
From 2014 to 2016 he worked as a lawyer in a Single Family Office in Munich.
Benedikt Olberding took his second state exam in 2014, following a legal clerkship in Berlin and Brussels.
In 2013 he received his doctorate for his thesis „Legal possibilities of regulating lobbyism in the legislative process of the German Bundestag“ at the University of Osnabrück (Prof. Dr. Jörn Ipsen).
From 2010 he worked as a Research Assistant at the German Bundestag.
Benedikt Olberding studied law from 2004 to 2009 at the Universities of Passau and Münster. He held a scholarship of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation.
Benedikt Olberding advises on national and international M&A transactions and represents German and international corporate clients in acquisitions, sale processes and joint venture projects, also with the participation of financial investors.
He also advises German and international clients, in particular family businesses, on all issues of corporate law, corporate governance and general contract law.
- Advising the management of the 7days group regarding its re-participation in connection with the share transfer between financial investors.
- Advising a medium sized group of companies specialized in the processing of technical plastics in connection with the acquisition of a subsidiary from European and non-European market participants.
- Advising the owner family of a medium-sized group of companies specialized in the area of mechanical engineering and construction regarding the restructuring of the articles of association, in particular regarding succession plans and optimization of holding structures.
- Advising the holding company of a medium-sized family business regarding the restructuring and interlocking of the articles of association of the business group and advice with regard to the dismissal and appointment of the (third-party) management board.
- Advising the management board of a medium-sized company group regarding the preparation and implementation of a controversial meeting of shareholders , the preparation of advisory opinions and regarding controversial disputes of shareholders.
- Advising the shareholders of a non-incorporated asset managing enterprise and structuring and accompanying of a real-estate transaction in the framework of a bidding procedure.
- Advising commercial agencies and companies with regard to risk assessment of contracts and negotiating new contractual relationships.